Just wanted to let you know about this event in Melbourne on June 11th, 2011:
Gathering ’11: To Build Better Futures brings together leading thinkers, change-makers and collaborators from across Australia and around the world to explore whatʼs possible, and develop ideas on how we can best solve todayʼs most pressing social and environmental challenges.
We’re coming together to ask:
- How might we tap into the potential of emerging technologies, networks, and systems to co-create a thrivable new world?
- Where are the opportunities – and what do we need – to build pathways toward a new economy, a cleaner environment, resilient communities, and a happier planet?
- What can we all do to build better futures?
The Gathering ‘11 program is based on Open Space Technology, with a mix of presentations, participant led discussions and concept development sessions. For the inaugural Gathering we have an outstanding lineup of featured participants from across the not-for-profit, corporate, academic and government sectors including:
- John Hagel: co-chair Deloitte Center for the Edge (USA) and co-author of The Power of Pull: How Small Moves, Smartly Made, Can Set Big Things in Motion
- Michel Bauwens: Belgian technologist, theorist and researcher on culture and business innovation and founder of the Peer to Peer Foundation (Thailand)
- Venessa Miemis: futurist, digital ethnographer and writer at Forbes. Blogger at Emergent by Design, founder of Open Foresight and producer of The Future of Money (USA)
- Pete Williams: social web revolutionary and CEO of Deloitte Digital. Helped rebuild Flowerdale after the 2009 Victorian bushfires and is #hannahsdad (Australia)
- Kate Carruthers: Marketer, technologist, educator, blogger. Co-Chief Changemaker at Social Innovation Sydney (Australia)
- Christine Egger: champion of social innitiatives and former Co-Director of Social Actions (USA)
- Stephen Johnson: Social Enterprise Evangelist and Community Catalyst. Head of Social at Community Engine (Australia)
- Jean Russell: collaboration catalyst and founder of thrivable.org and thrivable.net (USA)
- Kristin Alford: Futurist and communicator at Bridge8. Exploring the role of science & technology, in innovation, economic development, social change and sustainability (Australia)
- Tim Longhurst: Futurist, speaker, minimalist and activist (Australia)
- Ehon Chan: Researcher, teacher and change agent. Co-founder News Unlimited and YESBrisbane, Board Member at PlanBig (Australia)
At Gathering ʻ11 we will share insights, explore thoughts, develop ideas and lay down the foundations to build better futures for all, together.
“Never underestimate the power of a small group of committed people to change the world. In fact,
it is the only thing that ever has.” ~ Margaret Mead