Still finding the idea of implementing a social media strategy for your project or organisation a bit daunting?
Then this 1 day workshop with David Hood is just the thing to help get your idea off the ground.
Have an idea for a campaign, enterprise or event and want to learn how you can effectively use social media and other online tools to build awareness, attract funding, engage supporters and build community?
Want to learn how you can get started for minimal cost and with limited time and resources? Would you like a simple and easy to implement strategy that you can scale and adapt as you prepare to launch your campaign or build your business?
In this one day workshop you will:
- discover the most popular and useful online tools, applications and social media platforms to be more effective, grow awareness and scale impact
- design a system that enables you to curate, share and produce quality content for your blog, website and social media channels simply and efficiently
- outline a strategy to launch your organisation’s next initiative, grow your community of supporters, connect with key stakeholders or build your market
Join communications strategist and digital media practitioner David Hood, for this practical workshop packed with knowledge, tips and insights from over five years of experience working with leading organisations including Greenpeace, Hub Melbourne, RMIT, School for Social Entrepreneurs and TEDxMelbourne, and social entrepreneurs and change-makers from all over the world.
We’ll explore why you would use:
- social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Google +, YouTube, Flickr, Pinterest and LinkedIn
- blogging and web platforms WordPress, Tumblr and Posterous
- Eventbrite, Meetup and Storify for events
- email and newsletter site Mailchimp
- mobile apps so you can create and share content anywhere
We’ll also cover the basics of branding, principles of service design, useful resources and tools for online collaboration and productivity.
Registration includes access to a Yammer group for online communications, support & collaborative learning before, during and after the workshop
NOTE: We are running this event on a cost recovery basis with any additional funds going to support the ongoing activities of The Collaboratory Melbourne and Social Innovation Sydney