Social Innovation Sydney has been presented with a problem which at first seemed like a negative but now, considering the theme of the day, could actually be a great challenge.
The parking Social Innovation Sydney seems to be non existent due to construction on new facilities in the COFA campus starting this week coupled with vigilant parking times and inspectors in the Paddington area (my area scout on Saturday revealed most spots were 2P from 8am – 2am ~ yes, 2am).
Our options are:
- Ride a push bike down one of the newly created bike lanes in the city
- Catch a bus (333 or 380 or 378 leave every 5 minutes from Town Hall down Oxford St)
- Catch the train (Town Hall or Museum are closest) & walk or catch a bus down Oxford Street
- Car pool for the limited number of spots available.
- You could also drive to a train station and public transport it the rest of the way (Wollstonecraft if you are north of the bridge).
Our reliance on cars, although convenient, cause a multitude of problems including carbon emissions, congested roads, lack of fitness/mobility and increasing costs. It will be great to see the solutions we can come up with.
Please feel free to use the blog and/or Twitter #sibsyd to discuss your options and to find people to travel together with.
We will update you as soon as we know the # of spots available, but these will be very limited.
How will you be travelling to Social Innovation Sydney?